On every Saturday we ask a question in our Saturday Sawal series.
On 7 July 2018 we had asked the Question as Follows:
नवकार मंत्र में नमो अरिहंताणं, नमो सिद्धाणं से पहले क्यों बोला जाता है? जबकी अरिहंत प्रभु के अबतक ४ कर्म शय करने बाकी है !
We got amazing answers as follows (We are listing all the answers we received from WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook & Twitter)
- Akansh Bhavsar says: Arihant Paramatma is direct and living, therefore, we can establish bond with him through worship and get liberation (like with simandhar swami) however, the siddha Bhagwant is no longer on earth and Cannot help us get really big spiritual progress, their worship binds Punya and strengthens goal for moksha.
- Divya Goyal says:Arihants are the soul who have destroyed their four karmas while Siddhas have shed all the eight karmas. Since Arihanta gives the preachings for the path of liberation in the divyadwani, they are more beneficial to us. We are getting the knowledge of the path of liberation to be followed through Arihanta. However, there is no difference in Arihanta and Siddha in terms of pure infinite knowledge attained. Hence, we say ‘Namo Arihantanam’ before ‘Namo Siddhanam’ while chanting namokar mantra.
- Vikash Jain says: Answer is Arihant baghwan sab jeevo ka kalyan karte hai …sab jeevo ke prati karuna ki bhavna ..saabi jeevo ko moksh ki prapti ho..saabi jeevo ko moksh ka marg baatene ke bhav se 4 karmo ka naash nai ho pata …Sidh parmatma sirf apni aatma ka kalyan karte hai..aur Arihant parmatma sabbi aatma ka kalyan karte hai ..iss karan Arihant parmatma ko phele vandan karte hai .Phir Sidh Aatma ko.
- Raj Mehta says: Jai Jinendra ! Sidh bhagwan have attained moksh . Arihant bhagwan are the ones who are yet to get over the bodily Karmas , so they are able to preach , teach , guide us and let us be aware of what our dharma is all about . If they weren’t there , how would have we discovered the depth of Jainism , about the right path of life . So to show gratitude and respect the upkar they have done on us , we praise them first and then Sidh bhagwan .
- Shubham Dhariwal says: Jis prakar guru ke bina gyaan adhura hai vese hi… Arihant bne Bina siddh nhi BN skte… Arihant ka pad siddh se bda hota hai
- Rayno Praditya says: Because the Arihant only still has 4 aghatiya karma types so Arihant still has body to teach about Jain Dharma. therefore we can only know about Siddhas etc only from the Arihant ‘s teaching , so we bow the Arihant first.. Arihant is as omniscient as Siddhas but The Siddhas has completeley been liberated from 8 karma types, so the Siddhas doesnt have instrument to teach us anymore.
- Sahil Jain says: Kyuki Arihant Bhagwan Ko tirthankar padh Mila hai aur unhone tirthankar naamkaran Bandha hai Aur agar char karam ka Nash karna bhi baki hoga tobhi tirthankar Bhagwan ne jitna Sadhna ki hai utni koi bhi Bhagwan ne nahi ki hai siway Arihant Bhagwan…. Iskleliyye NAVKAR MANTRA MAY PEHLA WE SAY “NAMO ARIHANTANAM”
- Anubhuti Jain says: Arihant parmesthi ke dwara he hum ko vastu ka swarop, anekkant ka swrop va apne swarop ko samjhne main arihant parmesthi nimit hote hai. vahi humar liye upkari hai.jeev matra ke kalyan ke liye arihant parmesthi he nimit hote. Thatswhy Arihanto ka naam pahale aata hai.
- Anubhav Jain says: Arhant parmesthi ke dwara hi humko vastu ka swarup, anekant ka swarup aur apne swarup ko samajne mai arihant parmesthi nimitt hote hai. Vahi hamare liye upkari hai. Jeev marta ke Kalyan ke liye arihant parmesthi hi nimitt hote hai. Isliye arihanto ka name navkar matra mai phele aata hai.
- Kuldip Bothra says: अरिहंत ही हमे सिद्ध तक पहुंचने का मार्ग बताते हैं. इस कारण हम अरिहंत को सिद्ध के पहले याद करते हैं.
- Dina Gohil says: Jai Jinendra Shri Arihant Bhagwan aapadne Shri Siddh Bhagwan ni audakh karave che atle Namaskar Mantra ma Shri Arihant Bhagwan ne pehla namva ma aave che ane pachi Shri Siddh Bhagwan ne namva ma aave che. Koi pan prakare bhul thai hoi toh shama mangu chu.
- Komal Jain says: Because arihant bhagwan kay gun 12 hain aur siddh bhagwan kay gun 8 hain….Toh zyada gun hona kay karan wonka naam pehlay latay hain
- Nikita Gohil says: Jai Jinendra Hum sabhi Aatma ka laksha Siddh hona hai…Shri Siddh Bhagwant hamare *Idol* hai. Isliye sabse pehle hume Idol ko janna zaruri hai…tabhi hum unke jaise gunn prapt kar payenge. Aagam Shri Aavashyak Sutra me samjaya hai ki Shri Arihant Bhagwant ne Updesh dwara, Shri Siddh Bhagwant ke anant gunno ki pehchan di hai.. Isliye Upkari ke drashti se hum Namaskar Mantra me Param Upkari Shri Arihant Bhagwant ko pehle naman karte hai aur Shri Siddh Bhagwant ko unke baad me. Prabhu ni vaani viruddh Kai pan lakhai gayu hoi toh Tassa Michhami Dukdam.
- Vivek Jain says: It is because Arihant Bhagwan are the one who have taught us about Jainism through their lectures subsequently from which Jinvaani was made. They are the one who cleared our minds of the doubts/ mithyatva. They are also the highest in bodily form whom we can revere. Siddh Bhagwan are although the epitome of everything and a perfectly free soul, we cannot communicate with them and are devoid of any bodily form. Many many bows to Panch Parmeshthi Bhagwan.
- Vibha Jain says: We say Namo Arihantanam first before Namo Siddhanam because they are the ones who tells us that nirvana is possible and shows the path of liberation.
- Bhakti Navadia says: Because when arihant bhagwant got kevalgyan, Samovsaran is made and hence establishment of chaturvidh sangh i.e. Sadhu, Sadhvi, Shravak & Shravika is done.
- Mitali Jain says: In Namokar Mantra, we bow to Arihant Parmeshthi before bowing to Siddha Parmeshthi because Arihant Parmeshthi is the one who shows us the path to reach our destiny i.e. salvation, because Arihant Parmeshthi is the one who tells us in the form of preachings who is Siddha Parmesthi, where do they belong to, what do they do, what are their attributes, qualities etc.
- Ritu Challani Says: We say before namo siddhanam as the siddhas have yet to get liberation from the 4 aghati karma while the arihants have got liberated n attained moksha.
- Jatin Jain Says: Kuki arihant bhagvan hi hmen siddh bhagvan Tak pahuchne ka Marg batate h, arihant hi hmare guru h or siddh hmare bhagvan h, isliye Bhavan Tak pahuchane vale guru ko pehle namaskar kiya jata he
- Trupti Bafna Says: Bcoz Arihant Bhagwan gave info about to reach towards siddha Bhagwan
- Rushabh Jain Says: ancha parmish Timi Mein sabse pahle Arihant Bhagwan Aate Hai isliye Arihant Humko Marg batate hai aur Siddha ka Arihant ki gun 12 Hai or aur Arihant Hamari 24 Tirthankar hai uska namaskar Mahamantra Mein Namo arihantanam yani Arihant Bhagwan ko Mera namaskar Ho…
- Bhupesh Jain Says: Kyunki arihant bhagwan partyaksh ha, ve moksh aur sidh bagwan ke guno ke bare me batate ha.
- Kunal Jain Says: Arihant parmatma bhi siddha bhagwan ka aalamban lete he par arihant parmatma shasan sthapna Karte he aur arihant parmatma ke madyam se hi dharma, aagam ka Gyan siddha bhagwan ko hota he. To upkar ki apeksha se arihant parmatma ko pehle Naman kiya Gaya he.
- Kajal Jain Says: Kyuki guru ke bina gyan adhura….
- Khushbu Jain Says: Because arihant parmatma was very advantageous, very helpfull for us and favourable.
- Ina Jain Says: bcuz arihant prbhu path prdarshak hai.. vo hame siddhi gati ka marg dikhate h.. arihant prbhu ki shasan Sthapna k dwara hmare tk dharma phuchta h vrna dhrama kya or siddh kya kuch bhi knowledge Hume nhi hota.. arihant prbhu hmare “UPKARI” h so phela namskaar arhint prbhu ko kiya jata he
- Ashi Jain Says : Kyoki sidh parmesthi Apne atho karmo Ko nast karke sidhsila per kinchit nuon purasakar roop virajmah ho gaye h ….. Or Arihant parmesthi hamare margdarsak h isliye vo Hume mosk ke path ka Marg bat late h isliye namo arhihantaram se pahle namo sidharam bola Jata he
Time for the Correct Answer:
First of all, we are very glad that so many people participated in the SaturdaySawal & tried to give the best answer to our Question. Many have given the Right answer while many have given the Partially right answer. If you read the above answers you will 100% get the answer & we think we don’t even need to answer this question!
Though we will explain in brief:
There are various reasons as in why Namo Arihantanam is said before Namo Siddhanam. There are 2 main reasons which can be described as follows:
- Arihant Bhagwan is the one who has destroyed 4 Karmas & hence he yet has a body & hence after destroying these Karmas he knows that there is a position of Siddha Bhagwan higher then Arihant Bhagwan & even he has to take efforts to reach upto Siddha Bhagwan level. He can guide us & inspire us to take the path of liberation of soul & hence we thank & bow down to Arihant Bhagwan for showing us the True Path before Siddha Bhagwan.They are the one who cleared our minds of the doubts/ mithyatva. They are also the highest in bodily form whom we can revere.
- Another reason can be that all Tirthankars were Arihants when they guided us ; as after they got Nirvana & became siddha; they no longer could guide us the way they could as an Arihant. This reason is similar to above stated.
Basically, in layman’s language it’s like a Big Big Thanks to the one who showed us the Path towards liberation of Soul & Hence Namo Arihantanam comes Before Namo Sidhhanam !
Michami Dukaddam from core of our hearts
If, by mistake we have said anything against Jin Shashan
Let’s see who can & how many can answer our question next Saturday.
Stay Tuned to #SaturdaySawal by Jain News Views